Saturday, February 22, 2014

More Time Than Money?

I was at Walmart the other day, because that's just the first place you go when you need anything, right? Anyway, I went the other day and I was heading for the pharmacy. As I got closer to the pharmacy line, there was another lady coming from the other direction, and I could just tell that she was heading for the same spot I was. We both met there at about the same time, and she said, " Oh you go ahead, I'm not in any hurry, I have more time than money." 

I thanked her, of course, and stood in line waiting with those words going round and round in my head. Did she have more time than money, do I, does anyone? 

James 4:13-15 says, "Go to now, ye that say, today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and contiue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."

I used to always hear my grandmother say, "If the good Lord's willing..." before she announced any of her plans. I didn't really know what that meant while she was alive, but now I know that she was a wise woman. 

None of us really know how much time we have. We may not have very much money, but we may very well have more money than time, we just don't know. Which is why we should all use our time wisely. 


Now, I haven't just been spending all my time at Walmart, I have been very busy doing lot's of other things.

For one thing, I have had a birthday since the last time I took the time to sit down and write. Getting older doesn't bother me like it does some people, I'm thankful for every year. They are filled up with memories. 

We started getting organic cow's milk, so I have been busy making homemade butter and buttermilk... the first batch is a very odd shape, but it just stayed in that shape after squeezing all the whey out with a fine cloth. I thought it was neat looking so I just left it that way! The second batch I kind of whipped up in a bowl. It's very good though, sweet and creamy. I'm eating some in a bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal right now... yummy.

   

And here are some cheesy garlic buttermilk biscuits that I made to go with some beef stew that we made, and Dutch apple pie for dessert. We really eat good food around my house, which is why I have recently joined Weight Watcher's :-) 

   

Weston put in an order for a pair of new socks, so I have been busy filling that order for him. 

 


Now Gabriel has put an order in for socks too, and he has already paid me for them in hugs and this nice little cardinal picture that he cross-stitched for me. Now this is a keepsake!



Today we are going to the Walnut Ridge area to do a wedding, and while we are there we will see my Dad and Stepmother. Jeannette is having a birthday in a few days, so I made her a present for her cold toes. 


Before I sign off for the day, let me show you who showed up at our house the other night. We already had the house locked up, when someone knocked on the door, and when Randy opened it this person greeted us, and took us off guard.


It actually took a couple of seconds to realize who it was. Our Daniel has always liked to play pranks. Here he is without the fake beard...


May your home, thoughts, and life be filled with peace...