Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I know, I know, I haven't written in a while. But in my defense I really have been very busy. I get so busy living, that I forget to write about it.

We have been putting in a garden, and it's sprouting up like crazy. I'll show you...

Potatoes
Brocolli

Onions



Tomatoes













This is just a few of the things we have planted.
I say we, and I did help, but Randy is really the one with the green thumb in this household. He's been a farmer since he was just a boy at home.

Randy tilling up the garden - he loves being on a tractor!
I just stand there looking silly taking pictures.
I did try to make a scarecrow. It was a hilarious sight to see. It was around Easter time and it looked like I had a crucifixion going on at the garden area.

Funny Scarecrow
I finally had mercy on him and removed him from his perch. I know that everybody driving by probably got a good laugh from him though. And I have to say, there weren't any invaders in the garden while he was standing watch!

We just celebrated Mother's Day, and we had a family dinner at the house. 
Randy's Mom
Holly


Brittney

Weston and Stephanie (and Gabriel hiding behind)




It was a good day to be with family, and celebrate the mother's.